Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pouch #3

Here's the next finished pouch.  I got delayed in finishing it because I was trying to do something clever with the pull on the zipper.  Well, I made up a couple of vinyl-enclosed pull tags, with a little blip about sharks having to keep moving in the water... the idea was cool, but the tags were too large and tended to take away from the overall design... so I had to go to a simpler approach.  I used a belt loop upcycled from some jeans.
     This brings me to a lesson I have learned while working along on these pouches, and that is:  If something is not working, try something new and keep trying until it FEELS right. Always choose what feels right for the solution. This might mean some frustration and wasted effort... or so it would seem.  But, no effort is truly wasted.  Moving forward until you find your solution strengthens your design muscles.
     Put aside the unused solutions... they may be just the thing for a future project... and the lessons you learned in creating those unused solutions just add more ideas and experience that you will be able to call on in the future.
     So here's the question:   Do we choose to...  Sink or Swim???
     I say Swim is always the choice!

     Poetically yours,   Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment