Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cowboy on his Trusted Horse

Howdy Pardners, 
     Here's my little cowboy Art Pouch #4. You can't really tell from the photo (I will improve my photo skills as time goes by, I promise), but there are little embroidery embellishments. Specifically, french knots... I absolutely adore french knots for some reason?!  (Almost as much as I like french toast!)  Also, there's a little horse charm I found on the ground (for reals), some faux leather, some indian print canvas, and of course I upcycled a zipper for the closure.
      My cowboy is ramblin' through the desert, and when he's out there takin' in all the desert scenery, his mind starts ta wanderin'  (an occupational hazard for them cowboys).  One time he saw this cactus that stood there lookin' like a man with two arms.  Bein' he'd been out there for a few days all by his lonesome under that blazin' desert sun, he started to imagine this cactus was a "Cactus Man".  You know, he was imaginin' himself a little company. (Between you and me, I suspect he was a little de-hydrated!) And the next thing ya know, he found himself singin' this song all about his new-found friend.  It went somethin' like this:
(PS Of course you gotta imagine it sung with a little country twang to get the full effect.)

Cactus Man, Cactus Man, livin' in the side of a hill of sand,
Gee I'd like to shake your hand, but if I don't you'll understand.

Cactus Man, Cactus Man, perfectly adapted to the land,
Storin' up water in your feet and your hands. Glad I met you, yes I am.

Git Along Little Doggies!
Poetically yours, Pamela

"Cactus Man", by Pamela M Becraft
Copyright 2011, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment