Thursday, June 9, 2011

Some Hand Embroidery of My Own

So here is the last, pouch #9, in my first group of pouches showing off a design of my own and some of my own stitchery. It definitely does not have the delicate, intricate quality of the previous pouch, but it does have a certain, burly-curly quality of it's own.  The pouch itself was made from a couple of patchwork squares made by a good friend of mine. The red embroider is my work, and the cute little plastic button in the center of the flower is a vintage plastic button that seemed just right for the job.

It hangs on a large tomato cage out in the garden, surrounded by cilantro plants gone to flower, and nasturtiums in the background.  It looked quite lovely out in that setting and I almost wanted to leave it out there as garden art.  So that's the last of that batch and I will start another in the future, but for now, the next project on the agenda is a custom, rennaissance-style wedding dress I will be sewing for a young friend.  I will only be posting close ups so that I will not spoil the big reveal for the wedding day, but hopefully I'll show enough to keep it fun and interesting...   and I ask you, how can anyone say they are bored when the next exciting project is always waiting around the corner?

Poetically yours,
Pamela

1 comment:

  1. The red is so bright and "jewel" like. I love it! Looking forward to seeing the progress on the wedding dress as it unfolds.

    ReplyDelete