Sunday, May 29, 2011

Officially Vintage - What!!!


So, get this... I embroidered this Iris design about 30-odd years ago.  Are you understanding this??? This little bit of hand sewing is considered
 "Vintage".  How can that possibly be?  This is the same emotion and mental confusion I feel when I realize that my child, my little boy, is now a man of 23 years!!!  Could it be?  Apparently it is.  And yet, I am still the same!  It just does not compute.

Well, I am a bit tongue in cheek here because actually, I know I am not the same, nothing stays the same. Like my little iris, I have weathered a bit, faded a bit (at least on the outside) and I have changed a lot.  Mostly for the better. I'm wiser, braver, more accepting of myself and others, calmer, more accomplished.

 If you choose to learn from life as you go along, you can only get better.  So, Thank you Life, for mellowing me to the lovely condition of "Vintage".   
I know it's cliche, but I'll say it anyway...
Like a bottle of fine wine - better with age.
 (Pouch #6)

Poetically your,
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment